New to me: 17
- Halloween last-gasp with The Addams Family and Addams Family Values
- Spent one weekend watching all those late-90s Disney movies I missed when they were released because my mom had just started allowing me to rent movies on my own so of course I went all R, all the time: Mulan, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Lilo & Stitch, Hercules
- These were good: Strange Days, The Thing, The Right Stuff, Pacific Rim, Wrong, The Road, The Way Way Back
- There were some others I didn’t like so much. We can skip those.
- Fell down an Australian history / criminals as folk heroes research hole after watching Ned Kelly.
- Got on a DiCaprio kick after watching The Great Gatsby, trying to chase down an idea that didn’t really pan out but that’s how it goes sometimes: What’s Eating Gilbert Grape, Marvin’s Room, The Basketball Diaries, Titanic, Catch Me If You Can, Inception, The Departed, and of course Gatsby
So excited about the women-in-film challenge for December (in case you missed it). Let’s do this, ladies.